Friday, December 18, 2015

Today Ava made a Ginger Bread House

Mom sent me a text this afternoon letting me know about a Christmas event at First Chirstian Church this evening and asking if I wanted to go. 

Anytime we can do something with you girls, I'm all for it. 

I hurried home from work as the event began at 5:30 and we got you two all bundled up and out the door. 

I had to change your sister as soon as we got there and you and mom headed for the large inflatable slide. 

We walked around to see what else was on hand while waiting for Laney and Liv to arrive. You were "sad because" they hadn't shown up yet. 

One of the rooms was full of tables loaded with candies and graham crackers and frosting for th ekids to make ginger bread houses. 

I sat with Chuck while you and mom crafted a masterpiece. 


Why do I spend so much time on the gingerbread house? The fake smile, that's why. 


A few minutes later we caught up with your friends and ...

 

... all was right with the world again.

No comments:

Post a Comment