Sunday, February 8, 2015

Today Ava Painted With Mom

We've slowly been trying to paint your room, taking it from a nursery scene with lady bugs and butterfly's to a big girl room. 

We chose a lighter grey color to compliment the pinks and purples of your decorations. 

Unfortunately it's my fault your room looks like this right now and I can't exercise my fatherly powers and make you go clean it up. I suppose I could, but that wouldn't be fair. 


We condensed everything to the center of your room so we could paint. 

As I rolled the grey onto the walls, mom thought a nice touch would be a project the two of you did together. She's always thinking like this and I wish I were as good at it ...

A while ago she purchased two canvases for you to paint. We never used them, until today. 

She had you slather the same paint onto the canvases that I'm putting on the walls and once that was dry she masked a pattern with painters tape. 

I won't lie, I was feeling a bit of anxiety as you were slopping paint all over the kitchen floor. A reminder from mom to calm down and I was back in your room finishing up. :)

With the canvases masked, it was time to have fun and paint some patterns. 



Once dry, we'll hang in your room for a nice personal touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment