Monday, May 2, 2016

Today Ava worked on her Days of the Week

Mom works very hard during the day to do activities with you girls that are both fun and educational. 

I chip in when I can, but I'm so thankful for your mother because by no means am I nearly as creative as her. 



She would have made a wonderful elementary school teacher if that's the path she chose. 

So last night I thought it might be nice to help mom and we could work on the days of the week. I stopped you and said "do you know what day tomorrow is?" 

You wanted to pretend you knew, I mean who doesn't want to have the right answer all the time? But, you thought for a brief second and said "I don't know." 

I replied, "Today is Sunday so that makes tomorrow ..." and you were quick to play the part of the interrupting cow and blurted out "Swimming day!" 

I said, "Close, but what day of the week is it?" 

"Dance!" and you began to hop up and down excitedly.

"Yes, tomorrow is dance day but what day of the week is it?" 

Stumped. 

"You have dance on Monday. Today is Sunday, tomorrow is Monday." 

"Okay," was the uninterested response I received.: 

So this morning before I left for work, I asked you if you remembered our conversation from last night and knew what day it was. 

It was probably too early as you looked past me to the TV and said "I don't 'member." 

I reminded you that it's Monday and again you got excited for dance. 

We've got some work to do, but no doubt we'll get it. 



Go ahead and relax a little, you've got years of school ahead of you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment