Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Today Ava worked on sharing

It didn't begin as a cute moment but had an adorable ending. 

I got home from work and as quickly as I could to let Miss Logan head home for the day. Since it's Tuesday she comes to the house after her day of work so mom can go to the office for a few hours. 



Mom's working on a difficult deal and told me she'd be running a little late. We talked dinner and decided on Chipotle since it's near her office and she still had some work to do afterwards.

Socks and shoes for the girls, check. 

Diaper bag, check. 

One cranky Chuck, check. 

Soon enough we were out the door. 

I just happened to toss the snack container that had some left over Aldi brand Lucky Charms in it into the diaper bag. 

Arlee grabbed it and began munching away nearly as soon as we were in the car. 

In typical sibling fashion, you girls have a tendency to want what the other has, no matter what. So naturally, you wanted some cereal. 

A snack you would never even think of if Chuck wasn't eating it. 

A number of failed attempts to snatch it from Arlee's grasp and you began to cry that she wouldn't share. 

I couldn't do anything since I was driving, and quite honestly, I had to side with Chuck on this one. You can't just take it from her simply because you wanted it. 

This is where the adorable part happens. 

Finally, Arlee offered you a piece. It must have been a marshmallow because you took it and thanked her. 

After offering you a few pieces I soon heard "No thanks, Chuck. I only like the marshmallows. Can I have a marshmallow please?" 

Unfortunately for you, Arlee can't understand your reasoning yet and did her best to hand you the cereal. 

So, being the kind big sister you are, you took the cereal piece and said "Thanks, Chuck. I only like the marshmallows, but I'll try this one." 

That was so nice of you! 

I watched in the mirror as you popped the cereal piece in your mouth and chewed. It was a look of disgust but with your graciousness you swallowed it and thanked Arlee again. 

Such a good big sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment