Thursday, May 5, 2016

Today Ava Was The Hero

It's never good when you check your phone after softball - it was the first game of the summer - to see a text that says "Scariest parenting moment maybe to date...I put the diaper bag on passengers seat, load Arlee, buckle Ava, shut the door, all car doors locked and I have no phone or key or anything." 

Mom brought you and Arlee down to the ball fields for a little bit. It felt more like a fall game with the chill in the air than a summer game on May 5. 

You guys stuck around long enough to see my third at bat - a long fly to left - and head for the car and the warmth of our house after that. 


The games went long, it was 9:00 p.m. before we finished and I walked into a dark house lit only by the glow of the TV. 

Thinking I need to keep it quiet, I peered into the living room from the kitchen to see everyone sound asleep on the recliner. 

You don't possess a poker face and quickly popped up with  a grin. The jig is up so mom and soon AJ opened their eyes. 

Mom explained the story to me and said that it took some coaxing from her to get you to find the door lock - which you were just barely able to reach. When you leaned forward the seatbelt locked, adding to the problem, but you were able to make yourself long enough to swipe the door lock. 

"Daddy, I saved the day!"  


No comments:

Post a Comment