Thursday, January 31, 2013

Today Ava Smiled

I have a feeling that over the course of this journal, you'll see this subject line a lot. You are a happy baby.

There's very few moments in the day with you that I do not look forward too – poopy diapers, or you sleeping in so long I don't get to hang out and play for long before I have to go to work – but one moment I look forward to each day is seeing your mothers car in the garage when I get home. Not because I think dinner has been started (I like food, you'll soon learn), or other household chores are underway, but because she started a “tradition” - if you will - of sitting with you at the top of the steps and greeting me as I come in the house.

Today you had one of the widest smiles I've ever seen when I came around the basement corner to come up the steps.

Your mom sits on the top step holding you by the hands as you stand on the first step in anticipation of who's coming up the stairs. As soon as I round the corner and come into view I light up. You always have the cutest smile and will wiggle with excitement. Today was no exception. I hope these days continue for a long, long time.


No comments:

Post a Comment