Friday, September 18, 2015

Today Ava Was Tough!

Red chips for breakfast? Sure, why not?

 
I left work a little after four today so we could make it out to Ben and Kristi's for Briley's second birthday party. 

The night was going well, you and Brycen had a lot of fun chasing each other around the house. Aas people started to trickle out for the evening Ben started a fire in the pit out back. 

You and Brycen continued the fun outside. In the rural area where the Carrocci's live, there's not much light like we have in the city. Between you and me, I kinda like it. 

So, needless to say it was dark outside. 

I was sitting by the fire with the other adults as you played and I glanced up just in time to see you faceplant. Hard. 

I sat for just a second to see how you'd react. You propped yourself up on your elbows and began to whimper a little. 

I came over to check on you and when I got there you gritted your teeth and said "I'm tough!" 

I kinda swelled with pride a little and figured you were just fine. 

Then, as I wiped a few blades of grass from your cheek, my thmb swiped something that at first I thought was chocolate sauce. 

I had no idea when you would have eaten anything with chocolate, then it hit me ... I pulled out my phone and got the flashlight ... yup, blood. 

Did you knock a tooth out, split your lip? All the teeth were there and secure, your lips seemed okay. Where was the blood coming from? 

We went inside for better light and that's where we saw it, you split the vertical piece of skin and connects your lip to your gums. 

That's can't feel good! 

A popsicle was prescribed to sooth the pain and it did the trick. 

A few minutes and you were back to your old self. 


It was getting late and we had to hit the road for home. Grandpa Bernie is coming over in the morning to help fix the front deck so you can go out and play on it again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment