Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Today Ava Climbed Up On The Couch

Your growing in leaps and bounds, that's for sure! 

You've been trying to get up on the couch by yourself for the past week or so now. With your face burined in the cushions you reach as far as you can, get a grip, then try and swing your right leg up. 

You've got the concept, you're just not tall enough to bring it all together. 

Tonight, we changed you into your PJs and while mom was in our room changing, I turned my back for just a few seconds to grab the remote from the recliner. When I turned back around you were standing proudly on the couch.


Did you grow that extra inch overnight that gave you the edge? No. 

Did mom put you on the couch when I wasn't looking?  Impossible. 

So what's the reasonable explanation here. Surveying the surroundings it dawned on me that your Minnie Mouse couch was butted right about against the big couch. There's my "aha!" moment. 

You figured out that if you use the Minnie couch for the added height, you can finally swing your leg up onto the couch and pull yourself up. 

Of course I called mom into the room and explained to her what happened. 

We reset the scene to see if you'd do it again. 

You gave us numerous demonstrations. Have a look at this one:

No comments:

Post a Comment