Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Today Avs Went To Mass

Our Church plans were a little up in the air for a while this year but it all ended up working out perfectly. 

For the second consecutive year we were invited to Christmas Eve dinner with Keith and his family at reunion's Pub over in Perry then to their house for gifts and hanging out. 

We had simply intended on going to Mass at 10:00 p.m. like we did last year. Then we found out there was no Mass at that hour. Our choice were the 4:00 p.m. kids Mass or the 8:00 p.m. Mass. 

Mom and I thought you might like the children's Mass so I cleared it with my boss about coming to work early so I could leave with enough time to get to Church.

We were on time for Church which means at Christmas, we were late. All pews were filled to capacity so we stood in the vestibule. 

Soon, an usher came over saying there was one seat available. Everyone standing had large families so mom opted for it while I stayed back. A few minutes later the usher came for me saying there was a seat that opened up beside mom. 


I sat in a folding chair in the aisle while you and mom had the pew. 

I was somewhat concerned about keeping your attention throughout the Mass especially in a more confined space than what you're used to. 

It all worked out as you made friends with the folks behind us. Waves, fist bumps and high fives all around. 

You were even a little flirty with the boy sitting behind me. Flashing smiles and waves before getting up the courage to give him knuckles and high fives. 

You got a little bored towards the end, but nothing too terrible. Unless there was a child that didn't make a peep the entire night, you were among the quietest. 

Before we knew it, we were off to dinner and Keith's. 

No comments:

Post a Comment