Friday, November 1, 2013

Today Ava Babysat The Adults

I have to admit, this is a little funny.

Keith came over to hang out tonight and as we were all in the basement it dawned on me I don't know who's parenting who. You wanted to go play but we ended up taking over your toys.

Our basement looks like the playroom of a day care center. Toys are strewn about and covering every square inch of floor space.

You, Keith and I were playing with your Elefun when after a minute I realized you had gotten bored and walked away, leaving just Keith and I - two grown adults - trying to capture butterflies out of the Elephants trunk.  

It doesn't end there ... 

At one point I looked and saw mom and Keith coloring in one of your books with you looking over them as if to make sure they stayed within the lines. 



I'm not sure if this was an attempt to get our attention for the evening or not butI turned to my right to see you stuffing the butterflies from your Elefun down your shirt when no one was looking. 




Don't worry, we'll let you play with your own toys. Sometimes it's just fun to be a kid again.

No comments:

Post a Comment