Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Today Ava Worked On Her Numbers

Playtime can also be learning time, right? Why not!

We're making a pretty good habit of using the basement more after dinner. I wish you could see how excited you get when we ask "Do you want to play downstairs?" 

If we're holding you, you immediately want down and will run over to the closed basement door and point and grunt.

That's a resounding "yes" in our books. 

Tonight after marking up your Minnie Mouse coloring books for a bit with some drawing on the chalk board mixed in, you grabbed the cutout board with numbers on it. 

You turned t upside down to let the numbers fall out and brought the empty board to me across the room. 

Setting it down beside me I asked you to go get your numbers. One-by-one you ran to where they were, chose one and brought it over to me. 


Until recently, when we would play with the numbers you would get so frustrated if they didn't fit into the cutouts. Whether the numbers were mismatched or you had the right number, it was just upside down, you're attitude would make an appearance. 

Tonight, though, you were really getting it. A few moments of frustration, but nothing like we used to see. A few of the numbers you didn't even need my guidance on. The one that really sticks out was the number 4. You brought it over and before I could get your moms attention to watch, you had it in the right slot and were on your way back for another number. 

I think we have ourselves one smart cookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment