Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Today Ava Went To Work

You spent the afternoon with me at the office today. Mom had a scrimmage and our sitters were not available for the evening. Compounding the issue was the fact that I had to work late due to the announcement of the Class of 2014 semifinalists at 10:00 p.m. ET. 



I took a late lunch - 2:30 p.m. - to minimize the time you'd have to spend with me at the office. I was forced to wake you from your afternoon nap before heading to work and to say you were groggy was an understatement. Just have a look at this photo for proof: 



Once you woke up we moved into a conference room so we wouldn't distract my coworkers. It was pretty much a corporate playpen. We dumped out your blocks and you were content. 


Luckily my boss told us all to leave and come back at 8:00 p.m. We more than cooperated with the boss' orders tonight and went home for a bite to eat. I thought you were eating well until I looked over and saw this:



A quick change into PJs and we were back to the office. You were well behaved again and within an hour mom was back home to pick you up. 


I came home to find you both sound asleep in our room.

No comments:

Post a Comment