Monday, November 18, 2013

Today Ava Made Mashed Potatoes

Sometimes you just want to do what mom and dad are doing. 

Mom called to tell me she was on her way home from practice so I thought I would begin making the mashed potatoes that we were going to have with our pork chops. 

I tried to set you down and and let you go play but you weren't having it. 

At first I thought you were being clingy which struck me as odd because from the moment I picked you up at Marissa's you were in a great mood. 

I said "Let's get a pot for the water." and you got excited. We walked over to the cabinet and picked out the pot. We then went and got the potatoes from the pantry. 

This is where I need two hands so I thanked you for your help and tried to put you down again. No dice. 

"Alright, how are we going to do this?" I thought. Then the light bulb went off. I had you help me clean the potatoes - which I must say, you really enjoyed. 



Then I brought your high chair into the kitchen so you could sit at my level. Once I had water in the pot I set in on your tray. We had a great system going. I would cut the spuds and set them beside the pot and from there you placed them in the water. 




Every few potatoes you ran a quality check and tasted them. Good call, we want only the finest food in our home!

Shortly after that mom was home, dinner was made and you enjoyed tasting your hard work!



We couldn't ask for a better helper around the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment