Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Today Ava Enjoyed The Snow

Most local school children were enjoying the first snow day of the season. I woke up this morning to find 4-5 inches of snow blanketing the yard and streets. 

I quickly grew anxious in hopes that you would wake up soon and we could go out and play. A glance a the clock and my hopes were quickly dashed ... 6:45 a.m. Patience is not in my repertoire. 

But, as time always does, it passed and you were soon awake and so was mom. Under the ruse of "I need to shovel the driveway, we should take Ava outside to enjoy the snow." Your mom and I got ready and then bundled you up for the cold. 

In all honesty, I could have shoveled the drive at any time during the day because we didn't have anywhere to be and if I were a patient man, the sun probably would have done the work for me once it was high in the sky. 

So out we went. We started in the front yard and let you warm up to the snow by setting you on the concrete and letting you do your thing. 

It wasn't long before you were picking up the snow with your mittens and tossing it around and even trying to eat it. 

I went to shovel the driveway and at one point I looked up just in time to see you fall forward and meet the snow face-first. An inquisitive look came across your face and was soon replaced with smiles as you began to lick up the snow around your mouth. 

Once I was done with the driveway it was on to the backyard. Mom and I loosely packed a few snowballs for you to toss around before heading back into the warmth. 






We must be exhausting for you to move around in all that snow gear because it wasn't long after we came in the house that you were down for a nice long nap. 


Don't worry, I didn't leave you on the bed. Once you were good and out I safely transferred you to your crib.

No comments:

Post a Comment