Friday, November 8, 2013

Today Ava Gave Me A Squeeze

Before heading in to work this morning I asked you to give me a squeeze. We've adopted this term, meaning hug, from our friends Ben and Kristi, who say it with their children. 

Maybe we over use the term because the more we say it, the less "squeeze" we get. This morning all I received was your cheek pressed against mine. 




We had a house warming party tonight for a friend of ours and since I work with him you knew many of the people there. As we made our way out we asked you to give everyone a squeeze with little more result than I received before work. It was almost as if at your young age, we were slightly annoying. I couldn't ever see you being annoyed with us!

When you do decide to eat, you want to do it yourself more and more. No matter how much we try to feed you, you're refusing much of it. I came home for lunch today and after our meal mom attempted to give you some applesauce. You insisted on taking the spoon in your right hand and being a big girl. 

You did well and really enjoyed being showered with praise, but as you can see, being a big girl at your age requires a big clean up!

No comments:

Post a Comment