Monday, November 25, 2013

Today Ava Tried To Put Her PJs On

We were all sitting in the basement this evening when I happened to look over and saw you laying out your pajamas on the floor and then sit on them. At first I just assumed you were trying to rest your head on them like you do with your pillows on the kitchen floor.


After a minute or two of observing you, I realized what you were really doing. You were trying to put your Jammie's on by yourself. 

I motioned for your mom to watch and we watched you struggle for a few minutes .... Laying out the legs and the arms flat on the floor and then sitting on top of  the footed PJs to try and dress yourself, you would scoot your butt  across the floor. I laughed a bit because to me it looked like a dog with something stuck to its hind end scooting across the floor. 

Much like you did when you were learning to assemble your blocks, you quickly grew frustrated. Our attempts to intervene and help were not welcome as you would scream and yank your PJs away from us. We didn't take it personal, you just wanted to be independent, to be a big girl. 



I'm digging the determination your showing at such a young age. 

Keep it up and you'll dress yourself for success in no time!

No comments:

Post a Comment