Monday, November 11, 2013

Today Ava Wanted Mom

Not going to lie, I swelled with pride a little as Marissa opened the door and all I could hear was "Dad!" on the other side. 

I'm pretty certain that was the last time tonight I heard you ask for me. From there it was all about mom! 

I had forgotten to throw the grocery bags in the truck before leaving for work this morning so I asked your mom to put them in the garage and I would grab them rather then have to get you just to grab them from the kitchen then load you back in the car. 
Headband or clip .... tough decisions.
I really didn't think you'd notice we were home. 

As soon as we began to come up the driveway I heard "Mommy!" and looked back to see you point and start repeating "Mom, mom, mom." 

Knowing that we weren't staying I felt a little bad about teasing you. 

I jumped out of the truck, hustled to the bags and ran back to the truck. We couldn't have been in the driveway more than 30 seconds. As I began to back out the cries for mom became sad pleas. 

Heartstrings, tugged. 

You even cried a little as I promised you she wasn't home yet but she would be when we returned. 

As I promised she was waiting for us when we pulled up with a truckload (pun intended) of food for the week and you couldn't have been happier!

No comments:

Post a Comment