Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Today Ava Became "Daddy's Girl"

I'll keep this one short and sweet. 

Simply adorable.
You're officially "Daddy's Girl." Your mom confirmed it today. 

Remember the tradition your mom started of waiting for me at the top of the steps when I come home from work? Well, when I came home this afternoon, you wiggled and bounced up and down and couldn't wait for me to get up the steps. 

As soon as I got near you, it was like your mom didn't exist. You reached for me and tried to push away from her. 

She looked at me and simply said "She's Daddy's Girl." 

Not to take away from yuor mom, she's so good to you. You'll understand someday. 

I think a lot of your excitement stems from me not being here all day with you like mom is. 

I also think some of it comes from the fact that you've slept through my lunch hours all week. Since your mom has been home with you I come to the house on my lunch hours to try and free her up for a little bit and so i can hang out with you. 

All week you've napped through my lunch hour. Maybe tomorrow I'll take lunch a little later.

No comments:

Post a Comment