Monday, April 29, 2013

Today Ava Swam With Dad

Your third swim lesson was this evening and instead of your mom getting in the pool with you, it was my turn.

If you're happy and you know it,
splash, splash, splash.
I was reluctant ... just ask your mom. I admit, I complained about it all week. Not that I didn't want to spend more time with you, I'm just not a pool-type person.

I spent enough time doing laps in high school.

As we were leaving the last lesson one of the moms said that she had a meeting and her husband would be getting in with their daughter. 

As soon as your mom heard that, I knew it was over. She looked at me and and said "Well he can't be the only dad in the pool."

It's been only mothers in the pool to this point and if you heard some of the songs they sing, you'd understand why. 

The time came to go to he lesson and your mom packed both my suit and hers in case I backed out. 

I'm a man of my word, so in I went and there ended up being three dads in the water this time.

It wasn't as bad as I was making it in my head all week. It was a fun chance for us to bond a little more.

You did drink about half the pool, though. I was worried you might spit up and re-fill it at some point during the lesson. Luckily, that didn't happen.

You aren't afraid of the water one bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment