Friday, April 12, 2013

Today Got a Bathing Suit

No bikinis 'till your 30.

 I've been vocal in saying this since your mom bought you a bikini before you were born.

Not gonna fly with Dad!
Since we signed you up for lessons yesterday, your mom put you in your first two-piece for a fitting. She said it was a little big, so we went out and got you a proper bathing suit. One that covers you up a little more. 

I hope you pick up on my hint of sarcasm above. There is some truth to the statements, but I know I won't get my way when you grow up. 

I showed my boss the picture you see here and jokingly told him what I told your mm about needing a one-piece. One of my single co-workers that does not yet have kids, let alone a daughter, chimed in and said "Boy, you're being that dad already!" To which my boss - who has an 18-year-old daughter of his own - replied "It begins the moment you find out you're having a girl."

How right he is. 

Growing up with brothers, it was nerve wracking to find out that I was going to be the father of a daughter. New territory for me. 

But hey, I wouldn't trade it for the world. You're a smart, happy little girl and I'll do what I can to make sure you remain that way. Minus the "little" part. As much as it pains me, you have to grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment