Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Today Ava Didn't Want Me To Leave

Sitting on the couch with your face burried in the iPad using your finger to trace the alaphabet, I leaned in and kissed your forhead to say goodbye. 

That turned out to be a mistake. 

As I kissed mom goodbye you tossed the iPad aside, slid off the couch and began to say "No. Sit with me!" 

I'm sorry, kiddo, I have to go to work. 

I tried to walk away. You met me in the kitchen with tears and outsrtetched arms. "Hold me!" 

I picked you up and said goodbye once more, trying to explain to a two-year-old that I'd be back in a few hours ... 

Mom was eventually able to wrestle you from my grip and I slid away. 

No sooner did I walk into work than I got the following text from mom ... 


I really feel helpless when I have to leave mom with a crying toddler in the morning and this didn't help. 


I wish I knew why you cling to me so much in the mornings? I mean, i am pretty cool and fun to be around, but I always come back. And I always will. You just need to understand that. 

A few minutes after the text above, the following video came through ... 


And that was the "mild" part mom said. 

I can only imaging how tough this is for mom in the mornings and I want to get it figured out before Baby Sister arrives. It's going to be even more difficult when I have to leave and she's got two to contend with. 

Eventually you calmed down and cuddled with mom. 


I was home before you knew it and we were playing and having fun for the rest of the night. 

We even finally got you to try on your bicycle helmet that grandma and grandpa Fenner got you last Christmas. 


Safety first!


No comments:

Post a Comment