Saturday, November 22, 2014

Today Ava Jumped Off of the Couch

When mom's away Ava and Dad will play. 



Kinda. 


This was after about an hour of trying to get you down for a nap. 

We were sitting on the couch lazily watching the Buckeyes with the curtains drawn and blinds closed. 



Then you caught a second wind. 

Mom was away on showings and a scrimmage which meant it was just you and me for the majority of the afternoon. 

You have the memory of an elephant, I swear you never forget anything. 

You demanded that I sit in front of the couch so you could leap onto my back. 

The order to "Say 'Oh boy!'" was sent my way. It's like your starting gun for this sport. 

You won't jump until I say it.

We made a few leaps before you grew tired once again and the struggle to get you to nap continued. 

You fought a good fight but a few ticks before 4:00 p.m. your eyes closed and I won this battle of attrition. 

Sleep well, we'll play again when you wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment