Monday, November 10, 2014

Today Ava Was Unsupervised ... For 5 Seconds

Of the four eyes between mom and I, at least one needs to be on you at all times. Yep, we've reached that point. 

As I pulled up to Marissa's this evening I could see leaves flying in the front yard. When I parked the car a the curb I saw you and your friends laughing and throwing leaves as high as you could into the air, running and jumping into the pile, and even making "snow angels." 


It was pure joy on all three of your faces. It reminded me a lot of growing up with your uncles and the fun we had.

I knew it was going to be a struggle to get you to the car and let you play for a few more minutes.


See that hair? Yeah, your uncles and I never had to worry about that. Guess where you're going when we get home. Tubby! 

I repaired some of the grout in the bathroom while mom washed your hair - four times - to get the leaves out. 

Once you were all cleaned up and in your jammies we went back to the bathroom to caulk the gap between the edge of the tub and the new tile as well as nail in the shoe molding. 

I ran to the garage for something and mom stepped out to the kitchen for a five seconds ... 

I walked back into the bathroom just in time to see you press down on the pump of your body wash, rub your hands together and run the soap through your hair. 

Yeah, you had a nice sudsy foam in your freshly washed hair. 

Your independence just took a step backwards.

After wrestling the bottle of body wash from your hands you begrudgingly let us get your shirt off. 

I held you over the master bathroom sink while mom poured water over your hair to rinse it out. 

I applaud your desire to be clean, but we'll keep at least one eye on you from here on out.

No comments:

Post a Comment