Friday, November 7, 2014

Today Ava Slept In

You've been getting up in the middle of the night rather frequently lately.

Growth spurt? Maybe. 

Bad dreams? Possibly.

After a few early morning hours in "big chair" I was able to lay you down again in mom and I's bed.

You have a tendency to sleep longer in our bed than in your own. The clock quickly crept into the 8 O'clock hour and beyond. 

Soon it round and there was no sign of stirring coming from our room. Trust me, I kept checking. 

Why was I so concerned today? I'm taking a half day at work and driving straight to Columbus to photograph a wedding. 

Off to work I go without saying good morning. Mom and I talked and she decided to stay home a few minutes longer so that I could take you to Marissa's before leaving. That way I'd at least get to see you for a few minutes.


When you finally decided to participate in the day it was straight to the tub. I joked with mom that this would happen and my prophesy came true ... the bed was soaked when you got up. 


You were more than happy to help clean up though.

It wasn't long and I was back home for lunch and finally got the big hug I was hoping for before leaving this morning. 

We had fun chasing cars on our way to Marissa's. 

"Daddy drive faster!" 

That car's going to get us!" 

"Red car needs a butt spankin!" 

We arrived at Marissa's and I expected you to be excited to be there and I could leave without issue. 

Nope ... you were a little clingy which made it even more difficult for me to leave knowing that I wouldn't be picking you up tonight. 

Eventually Marissa coaxed you away so I could sneak out. 

I've dropped you off at Marissa's a hundred times but for some reason I felt guilty about it today. Almost like I was abandoning you. It was a strange feeling. I know I'll see you late tomorrow after I get home. 

I called mom and told her this, she understood. 

The drive to Columbus was a long quiet one without you guys. Too quiet. 

I can't wait to be home tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment