Thursday, November 27, 2014

Today Ava Wouldn't Let Me Go

For reasons unknown, every so often you know exactly when I'm going to lay you in your bed. No matter how deeply you're sleeping. 

We had a wonderful day at your Grandparents for Thanksgiving and relaxed for the day before heading home. 

We tried to time it right to where you'd fall asleep on the way home but somehow you remained awake for the entire drive. 

My blame goes to the lack of tryptophan in your system. You refused any and all of the turkey day feast. Had you eaten some meat today we might have had a sleepy child. 

We got home, got you in your jammies and settled down for the night. 

As our nightly routine goes, you fell asleep on my chest in "big chair" and following a drop test (lifting your arm and dropping it) and feeling zero resistance I knew it was time to put you to bed. 

I flipped on your nightlight and made my way to your bed, gently leaning over and resting you on your side. Suddenly, as I reached for your comforter to tuck you in, you wrapped yourself around my arm. 


You must have some kind of Spidey sense. How you knew I was getting ready to leave is beyond me ... 

If I tried to slide my arm out your grip only got tighter, even thought you were sound asleep. I sat there on the floor beside your bed for a few minutes before I was able to slip away. 

Sleep has been anything but your friend lately so I bet I'll see you in a few short hours.


No comments:

Post a Comment