Saturday, November 1, 2014

Today Ava Serenaded Us With Frozen

It was getting late and we were huddled up on the floor "playing puzzles" when I began to sing "Let it Go" from Frozen. 

Mom swears I do this to get your goat and annoy you. Sometimes she might be just a tad right. I come from a long line of accomplished sing .... Oh who am I kidding, no one on my side of the family can hold a tune. My rhythm is more of an abstract form of art. 

So, yes, I'm sure it's annoying.

Much to my surprise you kept going with the lyrics. Heck, I don't even know all of the lyrics ... 

But, like mom pointed out "When you watch it twice a day, this is what happens." 


Even if you watch it inverted ...

She's right, though, repetition is the key to learning. There could be worse movies out there for you to watch I suppose. 

Mom and I (as always) were on the same wave length and chose other songs from the movie to sing. We'd sing a lyric or two and see if you could finish. 

To our astonishment you picked up right where we left off and continued with each one. 

I mean, it wasn't perfect, some words were missing, but you nailed it overall.

And on top of all this, you never missed a beat with your puzzles. Not once did you take your eyes off of your puzzles while we sang. 

Keep it up, Kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment