Saturday, November 15, 2014

Today Ava Saw the Scary Dinosaur

Since it's getting colder outside we're looking for more fun things to do inside. 

Mom had an early scrimmage this morning so it's just you and I for most of the day. 


After a hearty breakfast to get us through the morning ... yep, you guessed it, you only had half a piece of toast with ketchup and mustard, we decided to go to Discovery World at the McKinley museum. 

"Ava, do you want to see fish and turtles and dinosaurs?" 

"Yeah, and elephant!" At first I was confused. They don't have elephants. Then I realized they do. There's a  mammoth skeleton prominently displayed in Discovery World. 

Could you possibly remember this from our trip here last year?!? 

I texted this to mom and she replied that the first basketball practice you went to with her this year you asked to see the owls on the bulletin board of the cafeteria. 

Last season there was a bulletin board full of owls that you insisted on seeing every time we went to a game. You wanted to point out all of the colors of the owls and let the whole cafeteria know. 

You remembered them. 

Maybe you did remember Discovery World from my vague description?

We pulled into the parking lot and you demanded we get a quick workout in before touring the museum. 


Only holding my hand for balance a time or two, you climbed all 100+ stairs on your own. 


Can we go inside and get out of the cold now? 

We mad our way towards Discovery World after paying our admission and that's when you heard it. 

Freezing in your tracks you said "Dinosaur so scary." 

I tried my best to assure you that you're safe and there's nothing to worry about. You didn't beleive me and wouldn't budge. 

Eventually I had to pick you up in order for you to go any further. 

 
 
Once we got past the dinosaur you were all about the turtles, fish and snakes. 


We wound our way through all of the hands on interactives and I would be a bad parent if I didn't embarrass you a little here. 

On display is a solar powered car from the mid-'90s that you wanted to get a closer look at. 


It's towards the end of the room and encased in glass. I turned my head for a second to make sure we didn't miss anything and turned back just in time to see you bounce off the glass like a bird hitting a window. You wanted to climb into the car and looked thoroughly confused as to where this invisible force field came from. 

I'm sorry, but I laughed out loud. It was too funny. Needless to say, you didn't try again. Lesson learned. 

We made our way around the car and and eventually had to pass the dinosaur once more on our way out. 

Again, you froze. 

I picked you up and we played a game where we tried to sneak by without the dinosaur seeing us. It worked. No roars as we went by. We're stealthy like Ninjas. 

Once more stop in the gift shop. We looked through all of the toys and trinkets and you settled on an owl and a "big jet." 

I gave you the choice of one of them. You chose the big jet and flew it home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment