Sunday, November 9, 2014

Today Ava Remodeled the Bathroom Floor

Mom had another busy morning so we got to work on the honey-do list! 

See this floor? 


It's disgusting, dirty, old and simply needs to go. 

So, we got to work. 


You measure twice, I'll cut once - capeesh? You haven't graduated to handling sharp objects yet. 

Your favorite part of the job? Climbing on my back while I was trying to cut the tile. 

It seemed as though each time I tried to make a precision cut, there was a tug at the collar of my shirt and a few grunts and groans as you tried to pull yourself up. It was followed by a giggle and each time I felt your chin rest on my shoulder to watch my steady hand score the tile. 

It was a slow process but we had fun. 


Grandpa Bernie would be proud because like a good Union boss, you made sure I took plenty of breaks.

"Daddy sit with me!" you begged as the morning drew to the afternoon. How could I resist? 

A few minutes later and we were back to work. 

Getting the floor down took most of the day, but in the end I think it looks great! 

 
Thanks for your help! I'm glad you're not afraid to get your hands dirty. 

I know who to come to when we start flipping homes and I need a hand on some of the dirty work!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment