Friday, November 28, 2014

Today Ava Found a New Hiding Spot

As I was helping Keith prep "Friendsgiving" I heard giggles coming from the living room followed by mom telling me to come find you. 

I automatically assumed you were behind the recliner with your knees tucked to your chest with your head buried in your hands.

I was wrong. 

I turned the corner from the dining room to see a cardboard box in the middle of the floor, with two tiny tood pops sticking out ...



"Has anyone seen Ava? She was just right here ..." I loudly called out. 

You popped up with a scream and a smile. Excited to have found a new place to hide. 




We either need a bigger box, or you need to step up your hide-and-seek game a bit.  

You napped through dinner and that must have given you time to dream up new strategies for Hide and Seek. 

Tonight we picked up right where we left off before your nap. 

"Daddy hide with me! Mommy find us!" 

Poor mom. Baby sister is days away from joining our family and it isn't easy for mom to get around these days. 

But, she's a good sport and will play as long as she can. 

We ran to our usual hiding spot in the bathroom and you slammed the door and whispered to me "Mommy not find us." 

The slamming door may have been a dead giveaway ... we'll find out. 

She quickly found us and you insisted we play again. 

Back to the bathroom we went. 

"Ava, let's hide in the tub!" I said. I figured that might buy us a little more time. 

"Hide! Here she comes!"


The giggles may have compromised our hiding place and mom found us rather quickly. 

"Daddy, hide in tub!" "Mommy come find us again!" 

Not sure I would have said that with mom standing right there, but hey, let's give it a shot. 


Mom's good. Found us within seconds. Get used to it, kid, it's a rare thing that I beat her at any competition and I have a feeling she won't let you win at things either. :)

We better work on that competitive spirit of yours!


No comments:

Post a Comment