Thursday, November 20, 2014

Today Ava Was Baller Status

Mom had a late practice tonight, 6:00 - 8:30, and asked if I'd be willing to come play. 

Of course! I'm out of shape and need some physical activity to kick start my lazy butt. 

I spent the first bit of practice on parenting duty. You insisted that I lift you up and "fly" you around the gym. I lifted you up over my head and held on to your legs with my left hand and chest with my right all while you extended your arms. The entire time yelling "Jessie, look at me, I fly." 

Then, we worked on agility by running the ladders, and our passing techniques.


When you grew restless I had the bright idea of showing you how to climb the bleachers. The look i got from mom said this was a bad idea. 

"What are you doing?" she inquired when she caught sight of us. 

"Um, keeping her entertained?" I responded. 

That was met with "Great, now she's going to want to do this at eery practice when you're not here." 

Shoot. Do me a favor and pretend this never happened. Mom ha enough to do at practice. She doesn't need to peel you off the floor when you fall. 

Bad parenting on my part here. ;)


Soon it was my turn to get in on a few drills. I'm so out of shape it's right about now I wish we had a will. You know, just in case my heart explodes on the court. 

Since I'm writing this now it's pretty obvious I survived. 

You got a little upset when I stepped on the court but Mickey on my phone kept you occupied and I was soon forgotten. 

I decided to run sprints with the girls at the end of practice and after a few you wanted in on the action as well. 

But, you didn't do the running. You jumped on my back and I ran the remainder of the sprints.

We had fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment