Saturday, February 9, 2013

Today Ava Closed the Gap

We chilled a bit today, took it easy. It's a weekend, that's what it's for, right? A day to relax, to have some fun, run some errands. 

And that's exactly what we did. Your mom had a basketball game at Lake Erie College up near Cleveland so for the most part, it was a Daddy-Daughter day. We chilled, we played, we did laundry and ran around.

Our errands included a run to Sears to see if our family portraits had arrived. To our surprise, they did. 
 
You're a ham for the camera and we love it! 


But, the one thing I want to take from today isn't the fact that I made a rookie dad mistake by leaving the diaper bag at the house, nor that you took a nap on my chest this afternoon (I have adored those naps since the day we brought you home).

There's not too much about you that I don't adore. Just read previous entries, you'll see. Maybe on a slow day I'll use this journal to rehash how much our naps mean to me. 

What I want to tell you is a bit of a continuation from yesterday. Time is seemingly flying. I know you're only six months old and you'll be my little girl forever, but can we please slow father time down a bit? 

Your mom and I have created a "clock" in your room and today it struck six. Halfway around. After you were born we purchased a large 16x20 inch canvas print of one of your birth photos. It hangs above your crib and each month we add a photo, similar to the numbers on a timepiece. 

Part of our errands today included a run to Walgreens. I needed to pick up a few prints that I had ordered - your five and six month photos. 

When we began charting your growth through these photos a year seemed a long way off. In no time at all the gap has closed.

As much as I look forward to taking you on walks, to the park, throwing a ball, I'm doing everything I can to not blink.

No comments:

Post a Comment