Friday, February 15, 2013

Today Ava Slept In

Since I was long winded with yesterday's post, I'll try and keep this one short.

Much to our dismay, you woke up minutes before 6:00 a.m. wanting to eat. After reading that first sentence you may be confused as to the subject line. Keep reading, I'll get to the point. 

Your mom and I both begrudgingly got out of bed. You see, by the time your mom got home from her game and saw her Valentine's, it was after midnight by the time we got to sleep. Might have even been closer to 1:00 a.m. So six came by pretty early. 

I persuaded your mom to go back to bed, I'll feed you. It was rreeeaaaallllllyyyy tough convincing her (I hope you sense my sarcasm). I had to get up early anyway to take her car to the shop for an oil change and tire rotation so it wasn't a big deal for me to stay up.

You took the bottle and when I stood up, your head fell to my shoulder. Still tired. I rocked with you until I had to go and brought you into our room so you could fall back to sleep with your mom. 

She didn't object and you soon were back to your dreams. 

I took the car in, came back, got ready for work, had breakfast, and kissed you and your mom goodbye before heading in to the job. Your mom barely knew I left and you didn't budge.

I sent your Heather a text at 9:40 a.m. and she replied that you both just woke up and she had to be at work by 10:30. She was only 15 minutes late, Not bad. 

We didn't get to hang out in the morning like we typically do, but that's okay. You obviously needed your rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment