Monday, February 25, 2013

Today Ava had A Mommy/Daughter Day

During the basketball season we have a number of Daddy/Daughter days as your mom travels with the team. We understand it's part of her job and what she needs to do, but she really doesn't like being away from you. 

We go to all of the home games and some of the close away games to show our support. 

Well, today, I was a little under the weather so your mom took care of you all day. Late last evening I came down with a stomach bug that kept me up for the night. It wasn't pretty so I'll omit the details here. Just know I didn't get any sleep at all. 

I was feeling a little better by morning and against your mother's wishes I went to work. It was the longest day of my career. I had no energy whatsoever but got through it. after work, you and your mom went to Target and I napped. 

I was a little worried sending you and your mom to Target alone because pay day isn't until Friday and she likes to keep Target's profit margin pretty high (kidding). I must have fallen into a deep sleep because when she got you home she gave you a bath. Your mom said you were a little fussy through it and she was surprised I slept through it. not waking until 7:40 p.m.

When you started to show your obvious signs of being tired I took you into our room and laid you on my chest until you fell asleep. We must have been sleeping for a bit because I woke up to your mom gently picking you up off my chest and taking you to your crib.

Sleep well Gravy, we all need our rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment