Thursday, February 7, 2013

Today Ava Rolled

You did it! You did it! You did it!

You may not have been conscience when it happened, but this morning, you rolled over. I went ninja style into your room and checked on you before heading out the door for the gym. It was about 5:45 am and you were soundly seeping on your side.

When you are extremely tired you have a tendency to immediately kick to your right side and sleep soundly. We often joke that you don't know you have a left. A left hand, a left leg, your left side doesn't exist to you.

I placed the baby monitor by your mother's side in our room and headed for my workout. Upon my return at a few minutes past 7:00 I snuck into our room where your mom was sleeping and reached for the monitor.

When I turned on the video screen I noticed you were on your tummy. At first I thought you must have woken up in the hour or so I was gone and your mom got you back to sleep by placing you on your front. 

We've noticed that at times you'll have trouble getting restful sleep on your back. You toss and turn and even wake yourself. When that happens, we roll you over to your front and you sleep so much more soundly. 

This morning, I took my chances and woke up your mom to find out if the above was the case.

To my surprise she said she was asleep the whole time. Our logical conclusion … you rolled over. 

We are so proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment