Friday, February 22, 2013

Today Ava Moved Forward

This journal has gone from one moment of your day that I want to remember to a summary of the days activities. I need to get back on track.

I've got three things from today that I want to share. Since you're growing so rapidly and developing so quickly, I think I'm allowed to pick a few things here and there.


"This is not a staged photo." - Your mom.
Not long after I got to work this morning I received a text from your mom saying "Stepped away to get my phone off the love seat, turned back around and she rolled over ... Caught her one armed as she was about to fall off. Lesson learned. She can't be left unattended anymore." 

Our days of you laying on the couch and us momentarily walking away to get something are over. In my case, I'm not refilling my coffee without picking you up anymore. 

All three of today's stories fit the subject line and show the progress you're making. The second, it was a daddy/daughter day today as your mom has a game in Findlay and won't be getting home until really late. Since your teeth (or lack there of) have been giving you fits as of late, we stayed in.

I put you in your walker in the kitchen so I could unload the dishwasher and wash a few dishes left in the sink. I noticed that you began to move towards me. 

This is new. 

Since we bought the walker, all you've been able to do is push yourself backwards, eventually getting stuck against the fridge or cabinets until we pull you out and do it all over again. 


You're finally getting tall enough and strong enough to pull yourself across the floor in the walker. This was exciting, again, goes to show how much your growing. 

Third, baby gates are in our very near future. We went to the basement to play and I set your penguin out of your reach to see what you would do. You've been expanding your reach quite a bit over the last few weeks, leaning forward or to the side to pick up or bring items closer to you. A lot of times to the point that you'll fall onto your tummy and want set back up.

Tonight, rather than just falling onto your tummy as you reached, you nearly got onto all fours, one leg tucked underneath and the other ready to push of with while intentionally propping yourself up with your arms. The intent look on your face showed me that you were thinking long and hard about how you could get to that penguin.

Eventually, you went for it and fell forward to your front and reached as far as you could. It won't be long and you'll be crawling. 


No comments:

Post a Comment