Saturday, February 16, 2013

Today Ava saw Great Grandpa

Before I get to the subject line, I must share that I dropped your mom off at work today since we would be met up with her later. 

After dropping her off we went to Dogwood park. There is always a good sized congregation of ducks and geese at this park. With Spring and Summer right around the corner I wanted to see how you would react. Your reaction was priceless and left me yearning for warmer weather. I can't wait to take you for walks through the parks! 

 

As I eluded to, mom had a game in Tiffin this afternoon and she asked that I bring you along so you could see your Great Grandpa Fenner. 

We drove out to your grandparent's house in Shelby and from there we drove to your Great grandpa's house in Plymouth, Ohio. 

We all then drove about 45 minutes to Tiffin to watch your moms team play. It was a tough overtime loss for the girls, but they played hard.

Your Great grandpa does this whistle - you'll have to ask us to demonstrate sometime - that since you were born captures your attention. We try it ourselves, but it seems to work best when he does it. Not sure what it is about his whistle that stops you in your tracks, but it's adorable. 

About a month after you were born, we lost your Great Grandma Fenner. She was a wonderful woman who always had cookies and popsicles at the house.I didn't know her as long as I would have liked to, but your mom will happily tell you stories as you grow up. 

I mention her because one of the reasons your mom wanted to see your Great Grandpa is because it's been a little bit of a rough go for Great Grandpa since her passing. I can't say that I understand, you're mom and I haven't been married 60+ years like they were, but I can't imagine it's easy when you lose your soul mate, someone you've spent the majority of your life with.

He seems to be keeping busy, which is helpful and to me he seems to be doing better.

When Great Grandma took a turn for the worse, we visited her in the nursing home and introduced you to her. You were nine days old. It was then that I captured one of my favorite photos. One that I hope you'll cherish. 



Your lucky to still have three of your Great Grandparents alive and doing well. Your Great grandparents on my side of the family were lost long before you were born. I would love to tell you about them too someday. 


But, had it not been for my grandfather passing, your om and I may never have gone out and eventually married. Let me tell you about that sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment