Saturday, January 10, 2015

Today Ava Built a Fort

Why we didn't think of this sooner, I'll never know. 


It was too cold to take you and Arlee to the store so mom made a Target run while we stayed back and played. Don't tell mom, but I think we got the better end of this deal.

Arlee fell asleep (here's my surprised face) and we were back in your room playing. I looked at your bed and it hit me ... it's the perfect shape for a fort! 

I said "Ava, I have an idea, follow me" and we went to mommy and daddy's room to grab a spare sheet from under the bed. 

Then, we ran to the laundry room to grab the spring clamps from my photography supplies. 

Presto! We have a fort!



I never vocalized this, but I'm quite jealous. This is better than any of the forts your uncles and I built as kids. 

You loved it, bringing in your books and all of your animals. 



So cute. I would sneak away and just let you and your imagination run wild for a bit. 

So as not to disturb you I'd quietly come in and check to see what you were doing, only to hear you quietly reading to your animals. 




It took a little while but the queen finally emerged from her castle in time to help mom unload her haul from Target. 

With cabin fever setting in, mom offered to let you go outside and play in the snow. With my supervision of course. 



Once we got you bundled up, we were like kids in a candy store! 

A video posted by @hwaechter24 on
 Mom and Arlee watched our shenanigans from your room.

As much fun as you were having, I had no choice but to bring you in. As bundled up as you were, it was bitter cold out and I didn't want to keep you outside too long.


You didn't want to go in, telling me "I have to keep building." 

What you meant was, you were piling snow on top of the the fire kettle. 

I had to play the part of the mean dad and scoop you up to bring you in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment