Monday, January 26, 2015

Today Ava Saw the Basketball Girls

You loved going to basketball practice with mom and sitting through her games with me. 

Due to certain circumstances mom is no longer coaching this season but still keeps in touch with Jessie to see how the girls are doing. 

She asked you this morning if you wanted to see the girls tonight and you were excited to do so. 

So much that you were eager to get your coat and shoes on right away. 

Once problem, tip off is at 7:30 and it's only 2:00 ...


That's the look of an unhappy girl who doesn't understand the concept of time yet. 


A few snuggles with Arlee later and I was home from work and we packed up to go. 

When we got to the game you were ready to fall asleep and laid with your head on my shoulder for a good portion. 

Snacking a little on some knock off Goldfih from Aldi, you popped up and said "I have to go pee!" 

Panic mode set in with mom and me. We were seemingly miles away from the bathroom. She scooped you up and you made your way to the restroom while I held on to Arlee. 

My fingers were crossed the whole time. 

When you came back you excitedly told me that you went pee. 

Checking with mom she said you were dry! 

We're so close to proclaiming you potty trained! 

Mom did mention that you kept whispering in her ear while you walked to the bathroom that "I have to go really bad." 

I must admit, the story above was the highlight of the night as the girls, though they played well, were soundly defeated. 

And when we got home, it was time to shake our booties!


No comments:

Post a Comment