Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Today Ava Just Wanted to Lick the Snow

Sometimes you make me take a step back and shake my head ... in a humerus way.

I picked you up from Marissa's this afternoon and when I walked in the door a bit of snow fell from my shoes. 

As if I said "drop and give me 20!" you were on the floor. 

Rather than pushups you said "I wanna lick the snow" and tried dragging your tongue across the floor but luckily I still have cat-like reflexes and picked you up before you could. 

That set the tone really. 

As we left and you said your goodbyes you asked to get down so you could walk through the snow.

I didn't see any harm in that so I carried your bag of snow clothes as you happily traipsed through the snow. 

We made it to the red car and as I put your bag in the car and turned to put you into your seat only to find you well into the neighbors yard. 


You guessed it, bent over and licking the snow. 

I couldn't coax you back to the car so I had to walk through the now in my work clothes to come get you. 

I thought all was behind us as we made our way home ... then I looked in the mirror ... 


That boot is still connected to your foot by the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment