Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Today Ava Had Another Sleepless Night

It's gotta be teeth. We have no other explanation.


Hoof Hearted?
You had your second sleepless night in as many days. As I jot this down, I am trying to recall what times you woke up and I cannot. Sleep deprivation setting in. I don't want to sound like I'm complaining because I will take the fatigue 100 times over rather than revert back to the days before you were a part of our lives. 

We just want you to sleep. 

Last night you and I ended up on the recliner, you passed out on my chest while I lay there making sure you didn't roll off of me. 

I probably dozed off a few times, but it wasn't restful sleep. 

Eventually we made it back to mom and I's room where you slept. When you seep in our bed, you have a tendency to gravitate to one side or the other, never remaining squarely in the middle. It's as if you want to see which one of us you can get to fall off the bed. 

Tonight, it was my turn. No matter how many times I put you back in the center, I would close my eyes and you were right up against me again. 

At around 5:45 I gingerly placed you back in your crib and held my breath as I hoped you would remain asleep. Once I was sure, I exhaled and slowly crept backwards out the door. Quiet as a Church mouse. I didn't dare risk waking you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment