Saturday, May 11, 2013

Today Ava Was My Breakfast Buddy

This morning, like we do nearly every Saturday morning, we went to breakfast.


Chillin in the booth like a big girl.
You've become quite my little breakfast buddy. Even though it's early - we meet Keith and Grandpa Waechter at B&K Cafe at 7:00 a.m. - you don't seem to mind. Since you were born, you've accompanied me to Massillon where we (well, I) enjoy a hearty breakfast.

I've been meeting Keith at the restaurant since high school. Slowly, over time it became a Saturday morning tradition. It's something we rarely miss and now you've become a part of.

Your Grandpa Waechter also meets us there and the four of us catch up on the happenings of the previous week and shoot the breeze.

The Saturday morning regulars have gotten to know you as well and bring you gifts and always look forward to seeing you. I've even been interrogated on the few mornings you decide to sleep in.

You've been given a white crochet blanket with pink hearts, a little purple stuffed bunny at Easter time, as well as a large pink stuffed rabbit.

Maybe you're going to be a morning person like me?

We're also getting to the point where we may need a sitter if your mom and I decide to get dinner. My original Mother's Day dinner plans fell through so we went to Jasmine's Asian Bistro - one of our all-time favorite places - for dinner tonight. You weren't on your best behavior missy.Everything that you touched, ended up on the floor and you were somewhat fussy all through dinner. 

We'll get that corrected, pronto.


No comments:

Post a Comment