Sunday, May 19, 2013

Today Ava Supervised

I've noticed that I've gotten slightly away from writing about singular moments in your day. Every so often I do this, I think it's because I want to remember it all, no memory left behind. 

Well, I need to stay the course and record just one moment. 


Back to work!
Today, what sticks out is early in the afternoon when your mom wanted to clean the carpets. Being the manual labor, I cleared the dining room of all furniture and baby toys so she could scrub the carpets. 

Earlier in the day we purchased a little green plastic Adirondack-style chair from Walmart for $5.00  - we quickly realized how great of a purchase that was when you went through the entire store sitting in the chair in the cart. Oblivious to the world as you just chilled and played with toys.

I mention the chair because it is a key component to my memory from today. You have a habit of loving the vacuum - sometimes following along as we sweep the floors - and we figured the carpet scrubber might yield the same results, so I placed you in your chair in the corner of the dining room facing mom. 

She turned on the scrubber and we were right, you were memorized. You watched intently as your mom meticulously went up and down the carpet. 

I think you're future lies in a supervisory position. 

I told your mom it looked as though you were making sure she didn't miss a spot. 

Throwing this in for good measure, as soon as you approved mom' work, you took a break and hit the pool. 



No comments:

Post a Comment