Thursday, May 2, 2013

Today Ava Looked Retired

I had about five minutes left on my lunch hour when we decided to take you outside to your pool this afternoon. This time the water was a perfect temp, but for some reason you didn't want to stay in. 

You kept trying to crawl back out. 

Livin the good life.
I had to leave, so you and your mom enjoyed the warm weather and sun. Not long after getting back to the office I received a pic from your mom of you in your white hat (two days in a row you kept it on!) in which you were sitting against the edge and looking very relaxed. 

I couldn't help but think to myself "Is this what retirement is going to be like?" I have a long way to go to find out, but someday I'll know. 

Before you were born your mom and I had numerous conversations about what kind of parents we'll be. In one of those conversations I specifically recall both of us agreeing, without any debate, that we don't want our children to be inside all day watching TV and playing video games. 

You see that all too often now-a-days. 

We want you to be outside, to be active, to have fun. So, when the weather permits, we don't stay inside.

It seems to us that you're enjoying the outside so far. Let's keep it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment