Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Today Ava Waved

The first thing I wrote about in this journal was about how excited I was when you clapped, today, you waved. It's incredible to me how far you've come in a few short months. 

Though it wasn't the first time you've waved, it seemed to us that you realize what your doing and not just reacting. 

Your mom has been working diligently on this with you and it's been paying off. 

You'll wave here and there and mostly at the cats with what sounds like "hi kitty."But tonight as I took some laundry downstairs as your mom was feeding you dinner you turned a corner. When I came up, she told me about your achievement. 

You would "wave" by shaking your arm and say what we know is "hi." Not just once, but multiple times. Of course, when I pulled my phone out to record, you instantly became bashful. You waved, but didn't say hi to me. I'll let it slide though, you do say "dad" frequently.


One other thing I must note is how late you slept in. You must have been exhausted from your cold because I actually had to wake you up before taking you to the sitter. And to be honest, what I was greeted with wasn't pretty. I've debated with myself all day if I should post the photo. 

I concluded that I should because I fear over time, the image will be lost. I'm not doing this to embarrass you, rather show you how congested you were. Needless to say, it took a few minutes to clean you up and make you presentable. 

Believe it or not, you were quite happy when this photo was taken. Chatting with me and saying "Dad, dad, dad" and even blowing a few raspberries. 

Don't hate me for this.
Trust me, your day got better.





No comments:

Post a Comment