Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Today Ava Fell Asleep In The Car


Remember yesterday when I said we didn't want you to get cabin fever? 

Well, I had a chance to get you out of the house today but you felt a nap would be more fun.

Mom had practice at their tournament site nearly an hour and a half away. She couldn't take you with her so I stayed home from work. A daddy-daughter day! 

We left this morning shortly after mom to run a few errands - diapers at Target, a pit stop at Helzberg Diamonds to get mom's rings inspected - then off to the mall to drop off mom's necklaces.

She had a few mishaps this week and the chains on two of her necklaces needed fixed.

Earlier in the morning she suggested that you and I go to the Play Place at First Christian Church so you could run and climb and get out of the house. It was a great idea and after looking up their hours (2 p.m. - 5 p.m.) my plan was simple: run our errands and tire you out then after a nap we go play. 



Simple in theory, not in practice. All went well until the nap part. We finished up with our errands around 1:00 p.m. Perfect! I thought. 

Four times we went back to the room to lay down, four times you slid right off the bed and ran back to the living room. 

Finally, after you asked to go downstairs I told you "We're going to do something better than play downstairs!" 

We got you all bundled up, loaded back into the truck and off to the play place we went! 

Less than a mile down the road it dawned on me that it was awful quiet in the backseat. 

I turned around to see this:




I still continued on to see if you would wake up once we got out of the truck ... nope. Out. Cold. 

We turned around and made our way back home, to which you quickly woke up. No real nap today and no play place. Ah well, we still enjoyed our day together!

No comments:

Post a Comment