Monday, February 24, 2014

Today Ava Was Chatty

I thought my entry today would be about the new word I heard you say this morning, but the talking just kept coming. 

When you were an infant you would coo a lot and make other noises like you were trying to communicate with us. I said on numerous occasions "When she starts talking, I'll neve get a word in again." 

My prophecy is beginning to come true. 

This morning I was clearing out the miscellaneous items from your diaper bag when I came across dry erase stickers that Grandpa Fenner gave you at the basketbal game on Saturday night. 

They caught your eye and right away you wanted to play with them. "Open!" you said. 

A word I hadn't heard before and it was clear as day. 

In my excitement I kept asking you to repeat it. "Open! Open!" 

We made our way to the bathroom where mom was getting ready. As we approached the bathroom mom said "She's saying 'Open.'" 

I guess mom had already heard you say that word ... 

It turned out it wouldn't be the first new word I would hear today. 

After work we ate dinner - well mom and I ate dinner - and had a few errands to run. After a quick run to Target we made our way to the mall to pick up the broken necklaces you and I had dropped off earlier this month. 


On the way to the mall you asked for "Awesome boss" or, as we've come to know it, applesauce.

Mom and I agreed, though, that we are the "awesome bosses" of this operation.

After getting some new kicks at Finish Line ($20 for a sweet pair of Reebok's) we made our way to the jewelry store for mom's necklaces. To which you discovered diamonds.


Following a lap around the mall it was time to make for home and begin settling in for the night.

As soon as we walked in the door you asked for your slide. Mom decided to bring it upstairs for the evening so you could play while we put our things away. 

This is when I heard my second new word of the night! Following a few times up and down the slide I asked you "Are you having fun?" To which you immidietly replied "Have fun!" and slid down once more with a giggle. 

I'm floored at how quickly you're picking up words and short phrases. 

Soon thereafter you became bored of the slide and began to read to us. 



This is by far one of the cutest things I've ever witnessed. I love to hear you "read" and I'm glad you have such an interest in books. 


I need to start reading to you more often than I do. 

Our conversations for the day drew to an end when I asked if you wanted to go to your room and you beelined down the hall and into our room. 

Get a good nights sleep. We'll talk tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment