Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Today Ava Made Her Way To Our Bed

For the last few days you've been waking up in the middle of the night and only calm down when you lay back down with mom and I in our room. 

It's become routine for you to spring awake somewhere around the 3:00 O'clock hour only to ask for a bottle and fall back to sleep once you've had your fill. 

Always fearful of you tossing and turning in your sleep and crashing out of bed, I build a "wall" of pillows and blankets where I was laying before leaving the room for the morning. This way I can start my morning without worry and normally occurs around 6:30 a.m. when I actually get some sleep. 

This morning, following your fill of milk and crashing again you slept ... and slept ... and slept ... 

The minutes ticked away as I got ready for work, packed your lunch and mine. No movement from our bed other than the rise and fall of your chest with each breath. 

As mom and I continued getting ready we frequently checked on you.  Even with the door open and mom and I making no regard to keep quiet, you continued dreaming. 

The time came for me to leave so I kissed my fingers and pressed them to your forehead and out the door I went. 

Plugging away at work I received a text at 9:15 a.m. saying you had finally awoken a few minutes earlier. 

It's about time!

It's good that your getting lot of sleep but would be better if it were in one nice block and in your own bed. 

We'll work on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment