Thursday, February 27, 2014

Today Ava Put On Mom's Glasses

From mom's slippers to her glasses you're transforming into a young lady. 

First things first - SLOW DOWN! 

As much as we love who you're becoming, mom and I miss what you were. That's not a bad thing, it's just the passing of time. 

Tonight as we were getting ready to go to bed I walked into the kitchen to rinse out the bottle you just finished and as I came back into the living room you were looking at me with a wide grin and mom's glasses perched loosely on your nose


I literally was taken aback. You were so proud of your accomplishment and wanted me to look. As the eye wear slid from your face you begged us to put it back on. We did a few times and your excitement is so contageous. 

Soon, though, it was time for bed. I asked if you were ready to go back to the room. Without hesitation you grabbed your blanket and took off running down the hallway. 

"How about your crib?" I asked as you scurried. All I heard was "no!" as you made a left and waited for me to lift you into our bed. 

Sleep well little on.

No comments:

Post a Comment