Friday, February 28, 2014

Today Ava Ran To Greet Me

There's certain things in life that no matter what kind of day it was - good, bad, long or short - can put a smile on my face. 

One of them is the pitter patter of tiny feet running across the floor as I get out of my truck after work. 

Trap a kitty!
It's been well noted that one of my favorite things is when you and mom greet me at the top of the steps after work. This has become engrained in your daily routine and has evolved since you've become mobile. 

Due to the setup of our home I'm able to hear every step you take as you anticipate me turning the corner and coming up the stairs. 

You see, the way our home is setup, our living room, dining room, and kitchen are above the garage.. To enter the house we come in through the basement and make a left to go up the stairs. Those steps bring you to the main level via the kitchen. 

With this setup you can hear and feel the garage door come up and once you realize it, I can only imagine you making a break for the stairs (with your mom of course!).

As I said, on the opposite end I can hear all the movement above as I come in. 

Hearing your feet run across the floor above me puts an instant smile on my face and makes me hustle to get in. 

This isn't our forever home, but as time continues and we move on and grow both physically and as a family ... I'll always come back mentally to these days to the sound of little feet running to greet me at the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment