Thursday, April 24, 2014

Today Ava Continued The Renovation

We're going to pick up where we left off yesterday.

I was happy to cut softball practice short tonight because Mom and Karen acquired a new client this afternoon who wanted to see her listing on Wise Ave ASAP.

We changed the spark plug on the mower - okay, let's be real - I changed the spark plug while you insisted on skipping around the garage and front yard. 

Once we got the mower started I decided another run to Sears Hardware on 30th was in order. After studying our mud room I thought I might need a chalk line to keep our lines straight. I'm quickly learning that Honey-Do lists aren't all that terrible. Why? Because it's an excuse to purchase tools I don't have. And who doesn't love new tools???

From lawn mowers to hardware - I might inadvertently be turning you into a tomboy. 

There's no denying it, you ARE my daughter!
Back home, we played for a while and started dinner while waiting for mom. Once she was home and we ate - and by we I mean mom and I. Something tells me I'll be seeing you early in the morning for a bottle of milk as I don't think 6 tater tots is going to get you through the night. 

Before laying the tiles, we let you draw on the floor. A little surprise for whomever decides to tear up our work in the future. 

There's a lot of red H's under these tiles!
It was getting late, but you were still more than willing to help, setting the spacers so mom was getting just the right gap between the tiles!


Shortly after the photos above fatigue set in and mom had to take a cranky little girl upstairs to lay down. It's okay though, you worked hard tonight and earned your rest! 


Sleep well kiddo and we'll continue tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment